The Teddington Theatre Club, a registered charity, based at Hampton Hill Theatre in the Borough of Richmond upon Thames, South West London is looking for a new board member/trustee.
Hampton Hill Theatre is a purpose built theatre owned and operated by The Teddington Theatre Club, set in the heart of Hampton Hill High Street and opened in 1998. It comprises a 200 seat auditorium and a 2 room multi-purpose function suite as well as various other spaces which support the activities of the club. With the building now over 20 years old, it is now in need of regular maintenance and upgrading. With recent changes, the board have reviewed its composition and has decided that they now need a trustee to focus on the premises and take overall responsibility for the maintenance.
- It would be advantageous to have professional experience in facilities management or the building industry, but if not, a “technical” background/understanding would be a key attribute
- Attend monthly board meetings which take place in the evening and prepare a brief monthly report to the board on your area
- It is anticipated that outside of board meetings, it would require approx 4-8 hours per week to oversee projects including specification and budgeting
- Work with the Building & Technical group of volunteers to understand maintenance and upgrade requirements from members.
- Work with the operations team and various allocated “project managers” to ensure the smooth running and timely completion of projects
- Work with the Finance Director to maintain the 10 year plan and ensure that scheduled projects happen.
- Either already be a member or join The Teddington Theatre Club
- Be prepared to stand for election at the AGM in November 2022
In accordance with our charity status and like all of our other volunteers and trustees, this is an un-paid role.
If you are interested, in the first instance please email email@example.com