Calling all 16-18 year old students of theatre/drama and performing arts.
Ever fancied trying your hand at being a Theatre Critic? Well here’s your chance to have a go in our Theatre Review Competition!
We’re asking students to watch our forthcoming production of Caryl Churchill’s ‘Escaped Alone’ being streamed at 7.30pm each night from 2nd - 6th September, write a review and send it to Teddington Theatre Club.
The entries will be judged and the winning review will not only appear on our website, but the winner will receive 2 tickets to a production of their choice and recognition of their writing achievements through local publicity and social media.
For more details on ‘Escaped Alone’ together with a link to book your £5 ticket go to https://www.hamptonhilltheatre.org.uk/production/escaped-alone
Notes on the play
Escaped Alone is penned by one of the UK’s most prolific and inventive living playwrights, Caryl Churchill.
The play was filmed over 4 days in Hampton Hill Theatre using a studio set, rather than just filming the play from the auditorium.
The play explores a number of complex themes and will attract an audience who like to be challenged by what they see.
There are four female characters in the play, all of around 70 years of age.
The play is around an hour in duration
What the judges will be looking:
A genuine critique or opinion piece, to include:
- What was the impact of filming the play, vis a vis staging it as live theatre?
- What were your personal views on both the piece and the production?
- What messages or feelings did you take away?
- What do you think the creative team were trying to achieve, and how successful were they in that?
Deadline for entries: 15th September 2021
The review should be a maximum of 500 words
Entries should be by email to email@example.com
Please include a contact telephone number and the name of your school
Terms and conditions
- entrants must be aged between 16 and 18 and in full time education
- one entry per person
- no cash alternative, non- transferable
- the winning entry will be used for publicity purposes
- entries will be judged by Teddington Theatre Club, together with an independent judge who is a private tutor in English and an Oxford Graduate.
- The winner will be informed by email within 14 days of the closing date and must respond within 14 days to claim their prize
- The winner’s prize will be valid for 12 months after issue.
- The promoter of the competition is Teddington Theatre Club, Hampton Hill Theatre, 90 High Street, Hampton Hill, TW12 1NZ